Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

with a capital D

I figured that I was going to need to (once again) apologize for being so inconsistent with participating in the bake-n-blog but when I looked at the date of my last post and realized it was in January of this year...I figured that is about as good as I am going to get and felt pretty darn proud of myself that the date was Jan 2019 and not Jan 2018, and I said to myself "girl stop apologizing and just move on".... and I am going to listen to myself.

Moving on.

This month one of the bakes is the Double Chocolate Marble Cake. I think it is suppose to be a pound cake but it is super dense. I mean dense with a capital D. 

Dense

Perhaps this is how the French do their pound cakes and I am just use to light fluffy pound cakes. And in general I would swear that French people are superior to us in almost all ways (wine, child care, french fries) but not this time. I just did not dig how dense it was.

My kid, however, loves it and it makes a great snack to pack for his school day because this little cake is not crumbling to a mess in his backpack. So there is a plus.


Check out what others baked at Tuesdays with Dorie.

Get the recipe for Dorie Greenspan’s Double Chocolate Marble Cake on p. 34 of Baking Chez Moi

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you that this cake was dense but my family loved it anyway.

    ReplyDelete